Our Commitment to You
The safety and well-being of our residents, families, and team members has always been our top priority. Since the first reports of COVID-19 emerged in the United States, we have taken proactive steps to protect those in our care, and we continue to do so each and every day.
Our precautionary safety measures are based upon recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), other leading health organizations, and our own task force.
Honoring Our Commitment
As of September 7, 2021, all staff are required to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our Commitment in Action
We continue to practice effective infection control protocols, such as wearing masks and social distancing, as appropriate, and other cleaning and sanitation procedures.
Here are a few of the protection features and infection control protocols, both new and old, that help us safeguard our residents’ and team members’ comprehensive well-being:
- New! Patented Bipolar Ionization Technology that safely cleans indoor air and reduces infectivity of certain viruses by more than 90% by creating and releasing ions into the airstream. These ions attach to particles (such as dust, dander, pollen, smoke, and even pathogens such as mold, viruses, and bacteria), where they combine, become larger, and are more easily filtered. The technology delivers indoor air that is free of ozone and other harmful byproducts, thereby lowering our carbon footprint while reducing airborne particulates, odors, and pathogens.
- Our Specialized Infection Control and Prevention Team continues to monitor and implement all guidance and recommendations from local, state, and national health agencies.
- Continued utilization of innovative electrostatic spray technology such as Clorox Total 360® to kill COVID-19 (on hard, nonporous surfaces), cold and flu viruses, norovirus, MRSA and more than 40 additional pathogens.
- Implementation of additional touchless technology throughout the community, including entrances and restrooms.
- Refined protocols for storage and distribution of personal protective equipment (“PPE”).
- Continued screenings for all staff and visitors entering the community (temperature taken, travel and symptom questions, etc.).
- Our Physical/Life Safety Programs and Systems remain a critical component of our commitment to comprehensive safety, including but not limited to fire suppression and sprinkler systems, a full-building generator, security cameras and secure entrances/exits, and pull cords in every resident apartment.
Recent COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19 SNAPSHOT AS OF 09/20/2022
- We have one staff that tested positive for COVID-19. They are experiencing mild symptoms and are recovering and isolating. Contact tracing has been done and testing of others suspected to have been exposed has occurred. No other positive cases were identified. We will continue to monitor residents and staff for signs and symptoms and take appropriate precautions as needed.
- All visitors will be screened upon entering the community.
- Indoor visitation is limited to specific areas. (Please call the community for details.)
- Outdoor visitation is preferred when the weather allows.
- Masks must be worn in common areas by all parties regardless of vaccination status.
- If the resident and visitor(s) are both fully vaccinated, while alone in the resident’s room or the designated visitation room, masks may be removed.
- Increased restrictions will be put in place in the event of a COVID-19 surge within the community.
Additional details about our current visitation policy can be obtained by calling the front desk.
Please contact the community if you have any questions.
- Our activity and life enrichment programs are currently operating on a normal schedule (6 feet distance)
- Activity team members are actively instructing residents about proper handwashing and hygiene precautions to reduce the risk of infection.
- Increased sanitization measures are in place.
In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak, all group activities and outings will be limited. The team will communicate frequently with residents and encourage virtual visits with friends and family members to reduce the potential for social isolation.
Contact the community if your loved one requires assistance with virtual visits—our team is happy to help!