A message regarding coronavirus (COVID-19)
*Please take a minute to watch this special message from Governor Ralph Northam addressing senior living communities just like ours.
During this time of uncertainty over coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our residents, families, and staff remains, as always, our top priority. By working together, remaining vigilant, and implementing the best care practices possible, we can navigate this uncertain time together, as a community.
We continue to work through the policies and procedures that we put in place previously, while evaluating this changing situation daily. We are currently following guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Virginia Department of Health relating to COVID-19. Out of an abundance of caution, we have put the following in place in our community.
Modified Visitor Policy
- No visitors are permitted in the community until further notice.
- Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our main line for further details.
- We are pleased to be able to allow limited, scheduled visitation outdoors on our front porch. All residents and visitors are required to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing. (Call the front desk to schedule.)
- We continue to actively monitor and screen all staff and approved individuals entering the building.
- Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) are granted access to our community after passing the entry screening process.
- Vendors are not allowed in the community unless their visit is scheduled with the community.
- We continue to provide enhanced and frequent environmental cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces.
- Communal dining is operating during lunch and dinner with limited, scheduled seatings and proper distancing. Breakfast and other meals not taken in the dining room are being delivered to residents’ apartments.
- All large group activities and special events have been canceled.
- Residents are encouraged to remain in their apartments as much as possible. Residents may enjoy outdoor areas and common spaces while observing physical distancing (6 feet or greater), adhering to room occupancy limits, and wearing a face mask.
- Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often.
- Residents and family members needing assistance setting up Facetime, Skype, or other type of video chat with their loved one is welcome to contact our Activity Department – they are happy to help.
- We also encourage family members, local children, churches, or community groups to send our residents mail, including cards, letters, and artwork to brighten their day! Mail to the address at the bottom of this page, attention: Activity Director.
- The beauty shop is now open. Appointments are required. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Our dedicated team members are continuing to practice infection control procedures.
- Ongoing training and information about proper hand hygiene practices, social distancing, standard precautions and respiratory etiquette are provided.
- Team members are being screened, including having their temperature taken at the beginning of their shift and during their shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
- Direct care team members are changing into a clean uniform upon arrival to the community at the beginning of their shift.
- Enhanced staff training on precautions, use of personal protective equipment, and infection control practices is provided.
- Universal use of face masks for team members. Each resident has been provided with a face covering to wear when staff enter their apartment.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. We continue to evaluate our infection control process and closely monitor the mental, physical, and spiritual needs of all of our residents.
Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
Times change… but not our commitment to your loved ones.