Read our special community message: A Year in Review and Hope for Tomorrow.
Current Community Protocols
Modified Visitor Policy
- Safety and visitor policies are based on VDH and CDC guidelines and recommendations. At this time, VDH and CDC have not issued new guidelines based on vaccination rates. Despite staff, resident, and family member vaccinations, we continue to operate under a modified visitor policy with social distancing and masks in order to protect the health of our residents. As VDH and CDC guidelines change, we will adjust our policies accordingly.
- Visitation is permitted with restrictions in place. Call our front desk at 703-531-0781 for details.
- Requests for private special events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) may be granted as space permits. (Call for details.)
- Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our main line for further details.
- We continue to actively monitor and screen all staff and approved individuals entering the building.
- Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) are granted access to our community after passing the entry screening process.
- Vendors are not allowed in the community unless their visit is scheduled with the community.
- We continue to provide enhanced and frequent environmental cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces.
- Communal dining is available for all meals with limited seating to allow for social distancing. Residents still have the option to take their meals to their apartments.
- Group activities and outings on our minibus are now being planned with proper physical distancing in place and masks required for all parties.
- Residents may enjoy outdoor areas and common spaces while observing physical distancing (6 feet or greater), adhering to room occupancy limits, and wearing a face mask.
- Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often.
- Residents and family members needing assistance setting up Facetime, Skype, or other type of video chat with their loved one is welcome to contact our Activity Department – they are happy to help.
- We also encourage family members, local children, churches, or community groups to send our residents mail, including cards, letters, and artwork to brighten their day! Mail to the address at the bottom of this page, attention: Activity Director.
- The beauty shop is now open. Appointments are required. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Our dedicated team members are continuing to practice infection control procedures.
- Ongoing training and information about proper hand hygiene practices, social distancing, standard precautions and respiratory etiquette are provided.
- Team members are being screened, including having their temperature taken at the beginning of their shift and during their shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
- Direct care team members are changing into a clean uniform upon arrival to the community at the beginning of their shift.
- Enhanced staff training on precautions, use of personal protective equipment, and infection control practices is provided.
- Universal use of face masks for team members. Each resident has been provided with a face covering to wear when staff enter their apartment.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. We continue to evaluate our infection control process and closely monitor the mental, physical, and spiritual needs of all of our residents.
Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
Times change… but not our commitment to your loved ones.
Last updated: 9/1/2021