Supervision and Direction
The Laundry Aide receives general supervision and control from the Administrator or designee.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Laundry Aide is responsible for performing the duties necessary to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of all resident and facility laundry. Specifically, the Laundry Aide:
- Keeps the laundry room and laundry storage areas clean and orderly.
- Keeps laundry equipment clean and in working order, reporting malfunctions to supervisor.
- Maintains adequate inventory of laundry supplies.
- Delivers clean properly folded laundry to residents within 24 – 48 hours of receipt.
- Picks up dirty laundry from housekeeping carts as needed.
- Performs janitorial duties as assigned.
- Reports to work in uniform assigned.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and to bend, crawl, stoop, push, and lift in order to deliver care and services as needed.