As a member of the leadership team, the Director of Marketing and Community Relations works collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Admissions to maximize occupancy through strategic marketing, community outreach and networking, lead generation, and referral development.
This individual is responsible for the overall competitive positioning of the community and brand recognition, with responsibilities including strategic media and ad placement, community event planning, and creative messaging/marketing development. The Director of Community Relations and Marketing acts as a liaison between the community and referral sources (hospitals, rehabs, discharge planners, social workers, etc.) to secure leads and admissions.
The right person for this role will have excellent skills in marketing/communications, community outreach, sales, and generating leads, as well as a passion for improving the lives of older adults.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the leadership team to develop and implement the sales and marketing plan, including conducting and coordinating lead management, delivering sales presentations, community networking, and managing the advertising and media plan.
- Establish strong referral relationships and network with hospitals, skilled rehabs, healthcare providers, case managers, social services, the local faith community, and the community at large.
- Coordinate with the marketing and activities teams to develop and implement marketing events to attract referrals, potential residents, and families to the community.
- Ensure consistency of brand identity, messaging, and communications strategies.
- Address civic, business, and service organizations, representing the community to the highest standard and nurturing these relationships to maximize lead generation and partnership.
- Develop and maintain effective communications tools to support outreach efforts such as brochures, flyers, newsletters, correspondence, presentation materials, and the website in coordination with the Regional Director of Sales and Marketing and the Graphic Designer/Marketing Coordinator.
- Provide backup support for the Director of Marketing and Admissions, field inquiry calls, conducting tours, and assisting with admissions paperwork as needed.
- Utilize and maintain accurate record-keeping for contacts, leads, referrals, and activities in database. Produce and submit reports to the Home Office as required and scheduled, e.g., occupancy reports, marketing status reports, material inventory reports, and tracking reports.
- Rotate as “Manager on Duty” with department supervisors.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Three years demonstrated experience in marketing, communications, or sales (previous senior living or medical industry experience preferred)
- Excellent communication, relationship-building, and organizational skills