Supervision and Direction:
The Dietary Aide receives general supervision and direction from the Food Service Director and/or Certified Dietary Manager and will comply with established policies and operational procedures. In the absence of the Food Service Director and/or Certified Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide will accept advice and instruction from the Cook and/or Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Dietary Aide:
- Reports for work in required uniform and as scheduled by the Supervisor.
- Assists with meal preparation as assigned by the Cook.
- Prepares the dining room for the next meal ensuring the table, chairs and carpet are clean; appropriate, clean linen and silverware are on tables; china and glassware are in place; and condiments are filled as outlined by the Supervisor.
- Waits tables, efficiently and cheerfully as assigned. Assists residents requiring assistance with carrying trays, preparing food items, and filling and refilling drinks.
- Sets up and delivers trays for residents according to take out forms, production sheets and as directed by the Supervisor.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation in personal hygiene, food handling, preparation and storage.
- Must be able to positively interact with residents, guests, staff, supervisor and others.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and to bend, crawl, stoop, push and lift in order to reach and clean and deliver food as assigned.
- Must be able to operate equipment related to cleaning, including but not limited to, dishwasher, garbage disposal, vacuum cleaner, and coffee and juice equipment. Uses care in operating equipment to avoid hitting people, walls and furniture.
- Keeps spills (liquid and/or food) cleaned as soon as practicable in accordance with cleaning instructions.
- Cleans the dining room, serving line, dish room and kitchen after meals as assigned. Assists with closing down of kitchen to include ensuring dining room, serving line, dish room, storage rooms, and kitchen are clean; equipment turned off; doors, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, exit doors are locked and trash emptied.
- Attends inservice programs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and to bend, crawl, stoop, push, and lift in order to deliver care and services as needed.
- Practices safety procedures and complies with established reporting of accidents and injuries.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned.