Full-time or part-time position.
Supervision and Direction:
The Cook receives general supervision and direction from the Head Cook and will comply with established policies and operational procedures. In the absence of the Head Cook, the Cook will accept advice and instruction from the Certified Dietary Manager and/or the Food Service Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation codes and observes sanitation rules and regulations in preparation and storage of food and cleanliness of kitchen areas.
- Is responsible for the cleanliness, organization and sanitation of utensils, refrigerators, freezers and storerooms.
- Assists in the supervision and guidance of dietary aides/wait staff, dishwashers and utility aides.
- Prepares meals.
- Plans cooking schedules to have food ready on time but not too far in advance.
- Must be able to safely operate kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Sets up food in steam tables and delivers food to dining room as needed. Checks food temperatures to ensure food safety.
- Reserves food for modified diets from regular preparation as necessary.
- Serves meals efficiently and cheerfully.
- Assists and supervises catered and special events.
- Interacts positively with residents, families, staff and others.
- Provides guidance to dietary aide/wait staff to ensure quality and resident satisfaction.
- Ensures utility aide is performing tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and to bend, crawl, stoop, push and lift in order to reach, and clean and deliver food.
- Attends in-service programs as required.
- Works a varied schedule to cover all shifts, including weekends and holidays as scheduled by supervisor.