Full-time or part-time position.
Supervision and Direction:
The Certified Nursing Assistant receives general supervision and direction from the Assisted Living Charge Nurse/Unit Coordinator. The Certified Nursing Assistant will comply with established policies and operational procedures. In the absence of the Assisted Living Charge Nurse/Unit Coordinator, the Certified Nursing Assistant will accept advice and instruction from the Director of Nursing or his/her designee.
Educational Requirements: CNA
This position requires the candidate be a graduate of a nurse aide training and competency evaluation program approved by the Commonwealth of Virginia and to have successfully passed the competency evaluation program. The candidate must be listed in good standing with the Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Health Professionals. Must possess:
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a C.N.A. in this state.
- Current CPR certification, or acquire certification within 60 days of hire.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for the implementation of health related programs, services and activities which promote, enhance and maintain resident health and independence. He/she is responsible for implementing health related procedures and records in conformance with the orders of the Director of Nursing Services or his/her designee, the Assisted Living Charge Nurse/Unit Coordinator, the residents’ physicians as well as the facility’s licensing agencies.
Specifically, the Certified Nursing Assistant:
- Implements service plans for each resident consistent with his/her needs and in concert with the residents’ physician orders.
- Reports daily to the Assisted Living Charge Nurse/Unit Coordinator on the general health and welfare of the residents and maintains the proper and appropriate records.
- Reports to Assisted Living Charge Nurse/Unit Coordinator residents needing assistance with various activities of daily living, medication, transportation to meals and activities or any other need once known to them.